Σάββατο 11 Οκτωβρίου 2008

Απόσπασμα από το ημερολόγιο του Randy

Αρχές Δεκεμβρίου 2007 . . .http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/news/index.html

Star Trek!!!
This is, by far, the coolest thing (okay, #2 behind the palliative chemo working). JJ Abrams (Hollywood producer/director who did the TV series "Lost," the movie "Mission Impossible III" and a bunch of other stuff) emailed me, out of the blue:
JJ Abrams wrote:> Dear Randy -->> Hi there -- I'm JJ Abrams, director of the new Star Trek movie.>> I read about you and your condition, and ALSO your affinity for things> Trek.>> So, I just wanted to put the invitation out there -- that if you had> any desire to be in the film (can't promise you role as CAPTAIN,> but... we could do SOMETHING!), it would be my honor and pleasure.>> The last thing I want to do is intrude, so feel free not to reply --> but I wanted to make sure you knew that, if you are willing and able,> the door is wide open.>> I hope that your treatments are going well and that we get to meet one> day.>> Best,>> JJ
Naturally, I presumed this was one of my friends, playing a prank. But after a little sleuthing, it was clear it was for real. Jai & I hopped a plane to LA, where I got a custom-made Star Trek uniform and my own station on the bridge, where I had lots of buttons and controls. I even got a LINE!!!!
In addition to publicly thanking JJ Abrams, I just wanted to say what an incredibly egoless and cool guy he was. We chatted a little bit between takes, and he is so tech-savvy (and I'm not saying that *just* because he knew all about Alice!). Anyway, it was a truly magical experience. Speaking of Magic, I got to fulfill a long-standing wish of taking Jai to the Magic Castle on that trip, courtesy of Peter Farquar. MK Haley, who is herself quite magical, joined Peter and his wife and Jai & me for an incredible evening.
the "Star Trek" movie will be in theaters December 2008. Don't blink or you'll miss me, but at some point a guy walked across the bridge and says "Captain, we have visual!"
I'd *love* to show you my costume (which they let me keep), but I promised JJ Abrams "no photos". They're trying to keep things a secret; in fact, even on the Paramount lot, you have to walk around in a trenchcoat if you're in a Star Trek costume. It's kind of like being at a flasher's convention!
Oh, and if you think I'm making this up, here's a copy of my check from Paramount (they had to pay me due to some union rules or some such... I'll obviously be donating this to charity).

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: